Mark Nepo, deemed one of the 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People by Watkins: Mind Body Spirit, is a poet, teacher, and the New York Times bestselling author of The Book of Awakening: Having the Life You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have, which sold over one million copies. Mark has written twenty-two books translated into over twenty languages and also writes regularly for Spirituality & Health Magazine. He has been featured on OWN TV’s Super Soul Sunday and interviewed by Robin Roberts on Good Morning America. His work focuses on helping others through inner transformation.
Mark joins me today to discuss his relationship with feelings and how he allows fear to exist without drowning in it. He shares why we can’t be all things to all people, and why we need to take the time to intentionally clear our minds and not give in to a “fill it up” world. Mark also highlights his relationship with poetry and how poems are his teachers and the building blocks of his work.
“Great love and great suffering bring us to the edge of authenticity, and when we are there, we often discover what we didn’t know we know.” – Mark Nepo
This week on The School for Good Living Podcast:
- What Mark believes is our strongest muscle and window to everything
- The concept of clearing out our personal and collective “acequia”
- How Mark stopped allowing fear to run his life and how he approaches emotions
- The mental tendency towards assumptions and conclusions and what is needed to combat this
- Why it is essential to recognize and accept our limitations in relationships
- The real reason why we often don’t keep our promises
- Mark’s perspective on what real wealth is
- Mark’s guide and inspiration
- The interplay between effort and grace and how letting go of intent fits into the picture
- The Book of Awakening: Having the Life You Want by Being Present to the Life You Have by Mark Nepo
- Drinking from the River of Light: The Life of Expression by Mark Nepo
- Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
- Into English: Poems, Translations, Commentaries by Martha Collins and Kevin Prufer
- The Mermaid by W.B. Yeats
Connect with Mark Nepo:
Subscribe, Rate & Share!
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the School for Good Living Podcast, with your host, Bryan Miller. If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to Apple Podcasts to subscribe and leave us a rating and review.
Don’t forget to visit our website, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And be sure to share your favorite episodes with your friends and colleagues on social media to inspire others to improve their lives and reach their full potential.
Watch the interview on YouTube.
Listen on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, and Spotify!
Visit the Mark Nepo guest page right here on goodliving.com!