Marshall Goldsmith is recognized as the World’s Number 1 Leadership Thinker by INC Magazine, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, and Fast Company as well as many other business publications. Marshall is a business coach and educator who has helped over 150 CEOs and management teams take their organizations to the next level by embracing changes in the workplace. As a New York Times bestselling author, he has published countless business-related books, including What Got You Here Won’t Get You There, Triggers, and MOJO: How to Get It, How to Keep It, How to Get It Back If You Lose It.
Marshall joins me again today to discuss his stakeholder-centered approach to coaching and how it creates a constellation of accountability. He shares his coaching philosophy and why he believes it’s harder to change people’s perception than it is to change your own behavior. He explains why he decided to offer performance-based coaching rates and the benefits he’s received with this pricing model. He also shares his book writing process, why he recommends working with a co-author, and how to determine which field you want to become recognized as a world-class expert.
“In leadership, it doesn’t matter what we think we said. In leadership, all that matters is ‘what did they hear?’ Their perception is their reality.” – Marshall Goldsmith
This week on The School for Good Living Podcast:
- The stakeholder-centered coaching approach and how it creates a constellation of accountability
- Why Marshall believes it’s harder to change other people’s perception than it is to change your behavior
- The book writing process Marshall and his publisher uses and why he recommends working with a co-writer
- The Daily Question process and the top 6 questions Marshall recommends adding to your daily questions list
- Marshall’s perspective on branding, marketing, and promotion
- How to decide what field you want to be recognized as a world-renowned expert in
This episode is sponsored by Nexus IT Consultants
Nexus IT Consultants offers world-class IT support and solutions to help companies of all sizes manage their information technology. Through hyper-responsive, white-glove IT support and services, Nexus IT can handle basic tasks like IT monitoring and maintenance to the more complex projects like digital transformation.
To learn more about the services offered at Nexus IT and to schedule your free comprehensive consultation, visit NexusITC.net