Lesson 1 of 18
Here are the main ideas in this course:
- There are two ways to live when it comes to action: You either live with a bias towards action, fully engaged in life, or you don’t. Ultimately, it’s a choice to live either way, and if you don’t consciously choose to live the first way, you are in effect making the choice to live the second way.
- The only way to affect your life is to take action.
- Acting in order to feel (or avoid feeling) certain emotions – when done unconsciously – is a form of slavery. It is possible to feel any given emotion without taking any action whatsoever.
- You can live your life as a spectator or as a participant.
- Certain types of speaking can be powerful forms of action.
- Your value has nothing to do with your actions or the results you produce. You have immeasurable value regardless of anything you’ve ever done or will ever do.
Completing this course can help you:
- Learn how to use a few tools to make better decisions more quickly and effectively.
- Develop a daily practice to help you realize your most important outcomes and commitments.
- Learn perspectives and techniques to overcome procrastination.