Nick Egan is a sought-after speaker, coach, and author of Shift: The Art of Transforming Limitations, a book to help readers improve their organizational leadership skills as well as personal and professional development. Through Nick’s coaching, training, and seminars, he has helped countless organizational leaders to dismantle mental limitations and reclaim their freedom and flexibility to achieve success using his understanding of positive psychology and Buddhist philosophy. Nick holds a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, a Master’s degree in Comparative Religion, and a Ph. D. in Buddhist Philosophy.
Nick joins me today to share how he discovered Zen and Buddhist practices and why it appealed to him. We explore how we often become the prisoner of our own perspectives and how we can liberate ourselves from these prisons. Nick shares strategies and practices we can use to transform our limitations and explains how we can use our thoughts and emotions to diminish the adverse impact of disempowering emotions. Nick also shares what inspired him to write his book, Shift: The Art of Transforming Limitations, and the lessons and insight he hopes readers will gain from it.
“If we truly understand our own minds – our own hearts – then there really is no fear to be had.” – Nick Egan
This week on The School for Good Living Podcast:
- Why Nick believes life is about discovering who we truly are
- Nick’s unique childhood and upbringing and how it has impacted his perspective and views today
- How he discovered Zen and why studying and practicing it appealed to him
- How his spiritual inquiry and learning journey has evolved
- What inspired him to write his book and the insight he hopes his readers will gain from it
- What the tigers on the cover of his book symbolize
- Why he believes many people are trapped in their experience through the telling of their story and what it means to be the prisoner of your own perspective
- How to change the narrative of your story to liberate yourself from the prison of your own perspectives
- The power of the stories we tell ourselves and how they impact our beliefs
- The importance of viewing obstacles and adversities as new opportunities
- Identifying what gives you the power to be what you want and the bridge you need to cross to get there
This episode is sponsored by Nexus IT Consultants
Nexus IT Consultants offers world-class IT support and solutions to help companies of all sizes manage their information technology. Through hyper-responsive, white-glove IT support and services, Nexus IT can handle basic tasks like IT monitoring and maintenance to the more complex projects like digital transformation.
To learn more about the services offered at Nexus IT and to schedule your free comprehensive consultation, visit NexusITC.net